We can administer a variety of immunizations to adults. No appointments are needed and walk-ins are welcomed. Call us today and ask to speak to one of our immunizing pharmacists! In most cases, a prescription is not required and your insurance will cover 100 percent.
- Flu (Influenza) Vaccine
Influenza is a contagious respiratory illness caused by a virus. Symptoms of the flu usually come on suddenly and can include fever, cough, chills, sore throat, body aches and tiredness. Everyone should be vaccinated each year in the fall.
- Pneumonia Vaccine
Pneumococcal is caused by a bacterial infection. It can cause fever, chills, cough, difficulty breathing and chest pain. It is recommended for children under 5, all adults over age 65 and people with high risk factors such as smokers, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, etc.
- Shingles (Zoster)Vaccine Live
Shingles is caused by a virus. Symptoms consist of a painful skin rash often with blisters. Anyone who has been exposed to chickenpox can develop shingles, but it is most common in people over the age of 50. The vaccination is recommended for age 50 or older.
- TDapTdap is a combination vaccine that protects against three potentially life-threatening bacterial diseases: tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough). Td is a booster vaccine for tetanus and diphtheria.
Other vaccines are available upon request. For more detailed information on the above vaccines please visit: www.cdc.gov/vaccines.
Helpful Vaccination Links:
- Adult vaccination schedule (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/adult-combined-schedule.pdf
- How to check if your vaccination is covered by Medicare: https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNProducts/Downloads/Vaccines-Part-D-Factsheet-ICN908764.pdf
- Immunizations and Pregnancy (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pregnancy/downloads/pregnancy-vaccination.pdf
- Information about vaccinations if you have COPD or Asthma: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/adults/downloads/fs-asthma-vaccines.pdf
- Information about vaccinations if you have Heart Disease: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/adults/downloads/fs-heart-disease-vaccines.pdf
- Information about vaccinations if you have Diabetes: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/adults/downloads/fs-diabetes-vaccines.pdf